It’s recipe week here at Upaya Naturals and being the food lovers we are, here is a delicious (and nutritious) recipe for Biscotti – raw vegan style! The recipe here is separated into phases of glycemic-index with Phase 1 being the lowest glycemic level.
- 3 cups of nut/seed pulp
- 1/2 cup Chia* Porridge
- 1/4 cup coconut oil*
- 1/4 cup Sweet-E Powder*
- 1/2 cup walnuts* or pecans*, chopped
- 8 drops Vanilla Stevia*
- 2 tsp Cinnamon*
- pinch of sea salt* or pink salt*
Roll into a flattened loaf and slice 1-inch thick. Dehydrate* at 115° F for 24 hours or until totally dry.
Optional: Chocolate Dip
- 1 cup melted coconut oil*
- 2-3 Tbsp Cacao* (or to taste)
- 1 dropper Stevia* (or to taste)
*available at Upaya Naturals
~Recipe courtesy of The Tree of Life Café in AZ