We love this quick and simple smoothie recipe. Kids also love it since it is a nice deep purple colour and not like a regular “green” smoothie.
Berryhemp Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp maca
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of acai berry powder or maqui berry powder
- 4 tbsp hemp protein powder
- 1 dropper full of liquid stevia or add liquid stevia to taste (or sweetener of your choice or 2-4 pitted dates)
- 1/2 cup spinach (or 1 teaspoon of your favourite greens powder)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil
Pour the almond milk into a high powered blender first then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into you favourite cup or to go container and enjoy 🙂
Tip: You may have to give it a shake or stir if you let it sit too long since the blueberries will congeal. You can also add a bit of water if you need to.