This flavourful raw, vegan dish can be prepared in less than 10 minutes. The longer you let the sauce sit on the kelp boodles the softer the noodles will become. Alternatively you can dip the noodles in hot water for a few minutes (for a not so raw dish) or let them sit in salt water overnight to soften them up.
- 1 lb package of Kelp Noodles
- 1 tablespoon of regular or hot curry powder (warning that our Hot Curry is super hot). We typically add a little bit more and adjust it to taste.
- 8 – 12 oz coconut water
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon of chili pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional – depending on whether you like spice or are using the hot curry powder).
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups of cashews
Rinse off kelp noodles and place in bowl. Add remaining ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Start the blender off on low until all the cashews are ground up then switch to high. You may have to add more coconut water to get a smooth consistency.
Poor sauce on noodles. Sprinkle some crushed cashews and shredded coconut on top. Add your favourite veggies (red pepper, cauliflower, broccoli), garnish with cilantro and a slice of lime and serve.
Yummy. Enjoy 🙂