Halloween is just a couple of days away and I’m sure we are all looking for a way to keep our kids busy and involved but most of all, avoiding letting them indulge in piles of junk food! This crazy raw, vegan Witches’ Finger Cookie recipe is bound to get them excited while eating healthy at the same time in the Halloween spirit!
Raw, Vegan Witches’ Finger Cookies:
- 1 cup strawberries or raspberries
- 3 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- Generous pinch or Pink Himalayan sea salt or regular sea salt
- 1 heaping cup tightly packed, pitted medjool dates
- About 20 blanched, whole almonds
- 1. Blend the berries and chia in a blender till smooth. Transfer to a mason jar or glass and allow it to thicken into a “jam”–ideally, you want to let it sit overnight, but a few hours will work. Add an extra tablespoon of chia if it’s too thin.
- 2. Add the sesame seeds, cashews, and salt to a food processor. Grind for about 15 seconds, or until they’re broken down. Add the dates and continue processing until the mixture resembles a crumbly, sticky (but not too moist) raw “dough”.
- 3. Take a small handful (maybe 3 tablespoons) of the dough and roll it into a strip that’s about as long and wide as a finger. Shape it to form knuckles and a fingertip.
- 4. Use your finger to make an indentation at the tip.
- 5. Add a small amount of the jam to the indentation. Press a blanched almond on top to create the fingernail! Serve.
This recipe is so fun and festive, I think we all know the kids will LOVE it! Or if you are a big kid at heart, why not have some fun on your own or with some friends? They would make a great treat for a Halloween Party or even to pack to take to school or work. Hey, maybe you could even play a prank on your “not so favorite” colleague!
Have fun and Happy Halloween!
Check back next week for a super neat blog about World Vegan Month!