This weeks recipe is great anytime really, but with Halloween coming up next week we thought now is rather perfect. Raw Cacao Bars are one of our very favourite, and quite popular with our family and friends too for obvious reasons. Most people think they must be time consuming and challenging to make but in reality they are one of the more easy things we make up in our kitchen 🙂 How great is that, tasty and easy!!
Ah yes its that time of year again, ghosts, goblins, witches and of course junk food!! Lots and lots of it. The store shelves are layered top to bottom with a variety of highly processed sugary treats, it must be Halloween!! Indeed it is, only another 2 weeks away and little trick or treaters will be covering the streets out and about to collect their loot.
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When prepared along with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. It has prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
6. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
7. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
8. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects. therefor it is a natural treatment for arthritis.
9. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
10. Is a natural painkiller.
11. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression
The great thing is, turmeric tastes great and can be added to so many recipes while boosting the healing benefits of meal. We have also added it to some of our juices are found it to taste quite nice. Sprinkle it on salads, or add some lemon juice and turmeric to half an avocado. This one is an easy one to include in your daily lifestyle, and who know you just may be one of the lucky ones who finds it rather healing 🙂
Turmeric can be found in powdered form of course ( use in recipes, juices etc.) but also in capsule form if you would rather not worry about the meal aspect and just get the benefits straight from the source.
Let’s be thankful for that and leave all food related stress at the door and enjoy a fantastic and healthy weekend 🙂